University Work

Sunday 18 June 2017

My Main Man

SHIT DAUGHTER ALERT! I'm on holiday and not in the country for fathers day! My Dad was gutted- right up until I presented him with a 4 pack of Red Stripe and a beer bucket WITH BOTTLE OPENERS ON THE SIDES! OMG! Anyway, he's a lil' dedication to my main guy...

Dad

I wouldn't say I'm a major Daddies girl, but if I were you I wouldn't get between me and my dad. Or offend or upset me in any way. He will threaten you. I've seen him do it... Like most girls, I think my Dad is the best. But that's because its true. He had the patience to teach me to drive, even though i was a bit shit when I first started... He taught me to ride a bike. He takes me to and from work. He shares his bevs. He fixes my car, even though we both think it's kind of a bit of a dead loss.. Basically, he's an all round ledge!




Grandads

I was never lucky enough to know my Grandad off of my Mom's side. There was a bit of a family fued between him and the rest of the Hoppos, and he died when I was very young.

Grandad Pez however, was my No.1. He was Welsh and barely left the house without wearing some form of garish printed/Hawaiian style shirt. I thought they were a bit cringey at the time, but looking back they were what made him him. Never without a beer in his hand, my Grandad used to play for hours with us in the garden when we were younger. His veggie patch was the best I've ever seen, even though he used to get annoyed when we'd eat the pea pods straight off of the plant! Although he's been dead for more than my life he was alive, he is still by far one of my favourite humans!



Uncles

I've got 6 Uncles. Mick, Chris, John n Dave. Non of them enjoy a photo, so unfortunately you're not getting a piccy... I'm on holiday with Mick at the minute. As much as I love the guy, he winds me up so much! Just like Mick, John is also my God Father! He's crackin'- apart from after a few bevvies when the singing starts... I don't see much of the other 2 anymore... Chris lived with us for a bit, but now he lives back in Liverpool. And Dave? Yeah, Dave lives in Hong Kong. Only see him one every few years, when he comes baring me new Make-up brushes! Although I don't see them all that much, I know they've still got my backs!

My Main Men

Ok, so not all of these I'd class a father figures. But my Dad's best mate Gaz, he's been my Dad No.2 for years... And Uncle Paul, Laz and Uncle Jase, I know they've definatley got my back. As for Chico, well, hedć have my back if anyone ever dared to get near him- normally the volume of him deafens people before they get too close! I love them all dearly, and I'm so lucky to have such a great/big extended family! I wouldn't swap 'em for the World!


I know not everyone is as lucky as me to have such a good bond with their dad as I do, or even to have as big of a group of 'geezers' supporting them, but these guys- they mean the world. I definitely couldn't wish for a better dad!


Bethan Rose x

No comments:

Post a Comment