University Work

Thursday 8 June 2017

London's Calling...

London is one of my favourite cities. It's home to my first proper job. It's where I've been to concerts, museums and art galleries. I've got friends who live there. Friends who study there. It's a great city, where I've made many great memories! And so this week, I was glad to be returning for another sneaky exhibition trip!


The Balenciaga exhibition at the V&A was where we were heading! First of all it was so nice to be reunited with some of my uni gals after over a month, and whilst coach breakdowns and road closures lead to a five and a half hour travel down from Derby, it was good to have a good catch up!



Once we finally arrived in London, the V&A was the main port of call! I have to admit- it is my all time favourite gallery/museum! But we were there mainly to see the Balenciaga exhibition!



I have to admit, I didn't think I knew who Balenciaga was, but it turns out I do! Once I'd seen some of his stunning fashion pieces, I knew exactly who he is! And it turns out he was a very talented designer!



After the exhibiton, we had a wonder around the rest of the museum.. I won't bore you with the "inspiration I gathered for uni", so instead here's an amusing photo of me n Claud with a very large statue with a very small you-know-what!



A 4 hour coach journey home and a Chinese finished off a fab day!

Before I go, I just want to mention the 2nd terror in 2 weeks, hitting London Bridge on Saturday. My thoughts go out to all those involved, all those who's lives have been changed by the events. I stand by what I said last week. Terrorism is a selfish act, one of which we shouldn't be fearful off. We must stand together, as a Nation. Never let them win.

Bethan Rose x

No comments:

Post a Comment