University Work

Thursday 4 May 2017

Second year sadness!!

Do you ever sit down and think 'where has the past 2 years gone?'? Because as I'm sat here, with a cheese and onion crisp sandwich and a can of Lilt drunk Beth brought me last night, binge watching Come Done with Me from the very beginning (who new there had been over 20 series??), I am. I'm wondering where the last 2 years have gone. Because yesterday, I finished my second year of being a Textiles Design Student at UoD. I know, I still can't believe it either!

But yeah, hand in was at 10am yesterday, of which I handed in my Competition work, as well as my new sports-wear inspired interior-knit collection- The Urban Exterior! I've really enjoyed this project, and really having the opportunity to explore the technique of Intarzia. Here's a cheeky pic or 2 of my display board and collection!







So hand in done, and after a rather scary meeting about third year work, we did what we do best- WENT OUT AND CELEBRATED! Starting off in Spoons...




After a cheeky drink or 2, we headed to Turtle Bay for food and cocktails! It was so nice to get the majority of the course together for a bit of a celebration! Good to have a good chat!



After a fab meal, we headed off to a few other bars (and back to spoons...) for a few more bevvies!




And THEN, after a cheeky power nap and sandwich, we headed out to the only student night in Derby worth mentioning- Walkabout Wednesdays!! I used to go every week, but due to a timetable change and swapping my days at work, I hadn't been in a while, so it was nice to get back!





Oh and stop off for a kebab or a burger on the way home!

And now? Well now I'm sat watching Come Dine With Me, wondering what I'm going to do for my third year project, and scaring myself by thinking that this time next year, I'll have finished uni all together!!

Bethan Rose x

No comments:

Post a Comment